What information do we collect?
WiO SMS Messenger and Action Page
• When you text a WiO keyword to WiOffer, we collect your wireless phone number and your IP address. When you text a WiO keyword to WiOffer for the first time we assign you a unique WiO ID.
• Each time you text a WiO keyword to WiOffer to receive an offer, you are opting-in to receive one WiOffer response which includes an offer link and possibly other messages within the response text.
• When you arrive at a WiO SMS Action Page we request to use your GEO location.
• When you first send WiO a text message we automatically register you with the WiO App. Registration includes your wireless phone number in the form of +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX as your username and your generic password we sent you.
WiO Website and WiO APP
• When registering on our website or our mobile App, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name or e-mail address, username and password. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
• We collect IP and GPS information when you engage with keywords through the WiO app.
What information we do not collect?
• We do not collect social security numbers, credit card information or any other Personally Identifiable Information other than what we mentioned above.
What information do we track?
• When you use WiO SMS, the WiO APP, or the WiOffer Website we track, but are not limited to, the following criteria:
o WiO Keyword Engagements, Action Page Visits (Action Page Hyperlink Clicks), Date and Time Stamp, IP address, your unique WiO ID, your GEO location (based on your approval), and any Action Button clicks on the SMS Page or with the WiO App.
o After you have clicked on an advertiser or service hyper-link from WiO’s SMS message, the WiO App or through the WiOffer Website to visit an advertiser or service, we do not track beyond the click unless the advertiser or service provider sends WiOffer feedback through a pixel or other method that indicates a sale or lead in which you agree.
What do we use your information for?
• To generate reports based on what advertisers or services you’ve engaged with and which actions you clicked-on. We DO NOT provide your wireless number in any of our reporting.
• We may contract with a third party database to look-up additional information about you based on the information you provided WiO in order to:
o To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
o To improve our offers, SMS capability, App and website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
o To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
• To administer a contest, promotion, sweepstakes on behalf of a WiO advertisers, or a survey or other site usability feature from time to time (this information is necessary to administer and comply with local and Federal guidelines according to the accepted and prevailing standards and procedures pertaining to the online and branded app industries)
• To send periodic emails or push messages (the email address you submitted when registering at the WiOffer website or for use of your
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. First, your wireless number, user name and password are immediately encrypted and stored in separate servers with access only through an internal VPN connection which is secured with firewalls, SSH keys, and accessed through encrypted SSL/TLS. We employ Service Auditing Encryption and File Auditing and Intrusion Detection Systems. Secondly, we assign a customer ID number used to track your activity and never expose your personal identifiable information. Thirdly, only a few key WiOffer employees have secured access.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Upon signing up and registering for WiOffer, LLC, you understand and agree that WiOffer, LLC provides promotional and technology services for clients, which include third party advertisers and marketers. Any specific opt-in information you request you provide through WiOffer’s mobile application and website on behalf of such advertisers and marketers and their specific promotions and offers, will be forwarded to these advertisers and marketers at their request.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
This policy was last modified on June 22, 2018